Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Pearls of Wisdom - Parable of the Jumbled Pearl

So if you don't know me something you find about me is I am pretty open and honest.

I am not feeling my best today. Usually that would bother me but I am resting and trusting that I will be up to par when necessary. My head hurts and my throat is scratchy! You know that is hard for me because I love to talk so much. "Shush says the Lord"

Nominations are still open on my pearl contest and I have been overwhelmed by the love shown on the blog post. It just makes me think about deep things like; who have we forgotten about? what do I stand for? what kind of person do I want to be? what does changing the world look like from my perspective? what can I do today? what can I do RIGHT NOW???

All from one little pearl? Pearls are formed when an irritant, such as a bit of food, a grain of sand, or even a piece of the mollusk's mantle becomes trapped in the mollusk. To protect itself, the mollusk secretes substances that it also uses to build its shell - aragonite (a mineral) and conchiolin (a protein).

So a tiny irritant is covered in beauty in order for the oyster to continue to function. Essentially the oyster TRANSFORMS the irritant into a thing of beauty. Weather out of necessity or mere vanity the irritant becomes a Jewel. Take the irritant in your life (your testimony, your sin, your problems, your issues, your babies daddy, your boss, your sickness, your broke and brokenness) and give it to God and let him TRANSFORM it right before your very eyes. He will take it, change it, and give it back for you to put on your crown.

People seem so ashamed to share their "irritants". We are seemingly so caught up in the mere image of perfection, that we forget that relating to people means to empathize and/or relate to them. I sin. You sin. we all sin. We all have issues and problems, so why not confide in each other, without judgement so that we can help better each other?

Proverbs 27:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 
As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.

We need to uplift each other. Love each other. Support each other. Learn from one another.

At some point we have to be the light/change that we want to see.

I love you, 
Little Servant Doni


No comments:

Post a Comment